The McFarland FOG METER is used to measure the turbidity of microbial suspensions and to determine susceptibility of microorganisms in antibiotics.
Its principle of operation is based on the measurement of optical density and the display of the results is done digitally on a screen. The calibration for use of 18mm diameter glass tubes is done at the factory and maintained without power supply .
MOFFLERLAND DEN 1B BIOSAN – GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Light source: LED
- Wavelength (λ) λ = 565 ± 15 nm
- Measuring range: 0.00–6.00 McF
- Accuracy: ± 3%
- Measurement time: 1 s
- Sample quantity: not less than 2 ml
- External tube dimension: 18 mm without adapter
- Display: LED
- Dimensions: 165 x 115 x 75mm
- Weight: 0.7 kg
- Can also be operated with 3xAA batteries